Afghanistan Pakistan Action Plan for Peace & Solidarity (APA
|Afghanistan Pakistan Action Plan for Peace & Solidarity (APA
|Date of birth
|History and Biodata
Background Afghanistan Pakistan Action Plan for Peace & Solidarity (APAPPS):
(20180406) President Ashraf Ghani Ahmadazi and Pakistan's Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi held talks in Kabul on Friday where they agreed to seven key principles to finalize Afghanistan-Pakistan Action Plan for Peace and Solidarity (APAPPS).
The two leaders agreed to the following:
1. Pakistan to support the Afghan-led and Afghan-owned peace and reconciliation,
2. The two countries to undertake effective action against fugitives and irreconcilable elements posing security threats to either of the two countries,
3. Both countries commit to deny use of their respective territories by any country, network, group or individuals for anti-state activities against either country,
4. To put in place a joint supervision, coordination and confirmation mechanism through Liaison Officers (LOs) for the realization of the agreed actions.
5. The two countries commit to avoid territorial and aerial violations of each other’s territory,
6. The two countries to avoid public blame games and instead use APAPPS cooperation mechanisms to respond to mutual issues of contention and concerns, and
7. Establish Working Groups and necessary cooperation mechanisms as per APAPPS for full implementation of the APAPPS and the above, mutually reinforcing principles.