"It is preferable to publish a work about Afghanistan (relatively quickly) and spend many years improving it ... than to spend many years in seclusion in an effort to attain a perfection which may never be reached!"
How to use this Database:
Different latinized transliteration and spelling of Afghan names and words into English has been duly observed considering all known spelling options.
If the requested name should not show up and if you do not succeed finding the word in the in alphabetic order name list you can browse the complete database using the field full text search. You will get a list of all documents which have your key word included.
You can assort the database after each category up or down by clicking the certain item on top of a column
Content of Database:
1. Afghan Government Executive Branch:
- Ministers, Deputy Ministers, General Directors, Provincial Governors, District Governors, Army Officers (Generals and Colonels), Police Officers (Generals and Colonels); Heads of Provincial Police and Deputies;
- Presidential Administration and Offices;
- National Security Council (NSC);
- Ministries (total 25)
- Departments (total 11)
- Afghan National Army (ANA)
- Afghan National Police (ANP)
- Afghan Border Police (ABP)
- Afghan Highway Police (AHP)
2. Afghan Legislative Body:
- Wolesi Jirga (Lower House)
- Meshrano Jirga (Upper House)
- Provincial Councils
3. Afghan Judicative and Court System:
- Attorneys and Judges
- Supreme Court
- High Courts, Appeals Courts
- Local and district courts
4. Afghan Warlords, Powerbrokers, Clerics, Business and Companies
- relevant people from Politics, Economy, Science and Pressure Groups.