1st intra afghan Dialog on Afghanistan Moscow 05./06.Feb. 20
|Name||1st intra afghan Dialog on Afghanistan Moscow 05./06.Feb. 20|
|Date of birth|
|Function/Grade||Participants and final Declaration|
|History and Biodata||
Participants as of 20190204:
Former president Hamid Karzai, former vice president Mohammad Yunus Qanuni, former Balkh governor and Jamiat-e-Islami member Atta Mohammad Noor, Jamiat-e-Islami member Mohammad Ismail Khan, second deputy chief executive and Wahday party member Mohammad Mohaqiq, head of National Islamic Front of Afghanistan Sayed Hamid Gailani, former member of Taliban Abdul Salam Zaeef and Zabihullah Mujaddedi, son of former president Sebghatullah Mujaddedi are Afghan politicians who will reportedly attend the meeting.
Sources close to the Taliban said a delegation from the group led by Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanikzai, former head of Taliban’s Qatar office, will also attend the Moscow talks and also Taliban’s Qatar office Mohammad Suhail Shaheen and some others from Qatar will be members of the delegation. Taliban have said that its delegates of ten officials led by Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanikzaiwill attend the Moscow Conference on Afghanistan on the 5th and 6th February.(20190204)
Ismael Khan, Bad Shah Khan Zadran, Sheer Mohammad Akhundzada, Hawa Alam Nuristani, Mudar Ali Karimi, Haji Din Mohammad, Shahzada Massound, Qalamddin, Dr. Mushahid, Zalmai Hewadmal, Hakim Mujahid, Dawood Ali Najafi, Abdul Karim Khurram,Abdul Salam Zaeef, Eng. Yousaf , Abdul Jabbar Taqwa, Zarar Ahmad Usmani, Rangin Dadfar Spanta and Dr. Zalmai Rassoul.
Qazi Gul Rahman, Wahidullah Shahrani, Syed Ta, Hazrat Omar Zakhilwal, Syed Fazlullah Wahid, Maulvi Abdul Salam Abid, Qutbuddin Hilal, Arshad Ahmadi, Mahboob Rahman Dawoodzai, Ahmadullah Alizai, Mohammad Muzamil, Aziz Hilal, Raihana Azad, Fozia Kofi, Wakeel Ahmad Mutawakil, Shoaib Wakeel Ahmad, Syed Rahman Haqqani, Nazar Mohammad Dadmand and Wahid Muzhda will also be in attendance.
Presidential candidate Mohammad Hanif Atmar said he was joining the delegation for participation in the Moscow meeting.
Ghani Haqmal, deputy spokesman forAfghanistan (HIA), said a team of the party would take part in the talks in the Russian capital.
But another source, speaking anonymity, said Gulbadin Hekmatyar’s son Habibur Rahman and Dr. Ghairat Bahir would represent HIA.
A delegation led by Pir Hamid Gilani from the Mahaz party and son of Sibghatullah Mujadidi, Dr. Najibullah, will also join the Moscow meeting.
Atta Mohammad Noor, executive head of the
The declaration read as follows:
• All parties in this conference have agreed that a dignified and lasting peace is the aspiration of all the people of Afghanistan and this principle has been achieved in Moscow.
• All parties agreed that in view of the current sensitive situation, the intra-Afghan dialogue must continue on regular basis.
• All parties agreed to support the ongoing talks in Qatar and consider these talks a positive step towards ending the imposed war on Afghanistan.
• All parties have agreed that systematic reforms be put in place in all national institutions including the security sector after a peace deal is signed
• All parties agreed that the cooperation of regional countries and major countries are essential to determine lasting and nationwide peace in Afghanistan
• All parties agreed that the values such as respect for the principles of Islam in all parts of the system, the principle that Afghanistan is a common home to all Afghans, support to a powerful centralize government with all Afghan ethnicities having a role it it, protecting national sovereignty and promoting social justice, to keep Afghanistan neutral in all regional and international conflicts, protecting Afghanistan’s national and religious values and undertaking a unified and single policy.
• All parties agreed that to determine lasting peace in Afghanistan, the following points are important : the complete withdrawal of foreign forces from the country, asking all countries to avoid interfering in Afghanistan’s internal affairs, providing assurance to the international community that Afghanistan will not be used against any other nation, protection of social, economic, political and educational rights of the Afghan women in line with Islamic principles, protection of political and social rights of the entire people of Afghanistan and protection of freedom of speech in line with Islamic principles, undertaking efforts for attracting international assistance for the reconstruction of Afghanistan’s infrastructure.
• All parties agreed that in order to create the atmosphere of trust and promote peace, in the first step, it is important that these items are taken into consideration, tackling the issue of all those inmates who are old, or suffering uncurable diseases or have completed their prison sentences and the removal of leaders of the Taliban from the UN blacklist, opening of an official political office in Qatar for acceleration of peace talks.
• All parties agreed that the next intra-Afghan meeting to be held in Doha, Qatar as soon as possible. Agreement was also made to work further on some other important issues related to the peace process in Afghanistan.(20190206)