|History and Biodata
1. Former Chiefs of the Presidential Office/Chief of Staff / Chairman of the Office of Administrative Affairs (OAA)/Head of the presidential administrative affairs/ Director General for the Administrative Office of the President of Afghanistan:
Sayed Tayeb Jawed (2001 - 2003)
Mohammad Umer Daudzai (2004 - 2005)
Jawid Ludin (2005 - 2007),
Mohammad Umer Dauzai (2007-2011),
Karim Khurram (20110326-20140929)
Dr. Sadiq Mudabir, Affairs’ Administration Chairman and Ministers Council Secretariat (20141001)
Abdul Salam Rahimi (20140930, 20170313, 20180305, 20190629) and Head of cabinet secretariat (President Dr. Ashraf Ghani decided to fuse the Office of Administrative Affairs and Council of Ministers Secretariat with the Presidential Office.)
Faizullah Kakar (20190629)
Dr. Fazal Mahmood Fazli Fazel Mahmood Fazli Fazel Fazli (20100409)
Bashir Ahmad Tayyenj (20140930)
Daud Nawrozi (20170318)
Haroon Chakhansuri (20170427)
Deputy director of the advisory affairs department:
Jawid Wali (20201231)
Date: September 29, 2014
The president of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s order on merging the President’s Chief of Staff Office with Office of Administrative Affairs & Council of Ministers’ Secretariat and appointment of director general
In order to improve affairs and prevent existence of multiple offices related to presidential office of the president, and in order to create an administration – accountable and people serving – following matters are approved:
1. Merging of the President’s Chief of Staff into the structure of Administrative Office of the President and Council of Ministers’ Secretariat
2. Appointment of Abdul Salam Rahimi as Director General of Administrative Office of the President and Council of Ministers’ Secretariat at rank of outside grade
3. Participation of Administrative Office of the President’s director general in all cabinet sessions as secretary
4. Administrative Office of the President’s director general is assigned to prepare a new organizational structure of the office, which is a merge of President’s Chief of Staff Office into Office of Administrative Affairs & Council of Ministers’ Secretariat, as early as possible with job descriptions and appointments, and send to the president of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan office for approval
2. Previous Functions:
Doktor at Aleris Hospital, Sweden
Chief Adviser to President Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai (20171212, 20180630, 20190528)
Head of the administrative office of the president (20200409)
Dr. Fazel Fazli Fazel Fazly Dr. Fazal Mahmood Fazli was born 19877 in Afghanistan. He graduated from Nangahar Medical School in June 2000. In 2002, he moved in the UK, where as spcialty doctor in surgical subspecialties in Cambridge, Leeds, Lincoln and Bradford. In 2009 he moved in to Sweden, where he was trained as a primary healthcare specialist. Since then he has been living Sweden.
Fazel Fazly has been considered as nominee for Afghanistan’s news ambassador to the United States.(20180827)
General Habibullah Ahmadzai claims a specific circle promotes prostitution in the presidential palace (ARG) and that he will never retreat from his remarks even one metre. Ahmadzai says he has no doubt on his claims and if investigation begins, he will submit his documents to the investigation panel. “my claim is correct and I believe in it,” he said. Habibullah Ahmadzai in an interview with a private TV channel has claimed that sexual favours asked from women in exchange for a seat in the parliament and governmental posts. "A circle within ARG systematically promotes prostitution and false democracy,” Ahmadzai had stressed. He named Fazel Fazly, a senior adviser to the president, saying that Fazly is more active than others in this circle. According to Ahmadzai, some female MPs made their ways to the parliament through relationships and some succeeded with 500 to 600 votes. “Mariam Wardak made these statements after former National Security Advisor, Hanif Atmar was sacked from his job and replaced by Hamdullah Mohib, she should clarify her statements in the AGO,” Chakhansuri said. (20190528)
According to the Aftonbladet newspaper, citing the Swedish Foreign Ministry's data, the 43-year-old official has lived in the European country and worked as a doctor since 2009. In late June 2018, Fazly was appointed as head of the Afghan President Ashraf Ghani's administration, with publications featuring Fazly having appeared on the administration's official website and related pages on social networks starting in December 2017. Fazly is still registered in a villa in southern Stockholm with five other people and has been receiving childcare benefits since November 2018. Given that the official is no longer a resident of Sweden, he cannot receive social benefits, according to the tax agency. Meanwhile, the Swedish Foreign Ministry confirmed to the newspaper that it had received information about Fazla from its embassy in Kabul and was monitoring the situation. If it is confirmed that Fazly intentionally concealed information about his place of residence, his case will be referred to the police, the newspaper added.
Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai's presidential Cief advisor Fazel Fazly holds a Swedish passport.
He speaks Pashtu, English, and Swedish.