Government of National Unity nominees of cabinet ministers
|Name||Government of National Unity nominees of cabinet ministers|
|Date of birth|
|Function/Grade||Names Ghani-Abdullah Cabinet updated 28 Jan 2015|
|History and Biodata||
President Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai's nominees introduced to Wolesi Jirga 20. Jan 2015 were initially 23 ministers and chiefs for National Directorate of Security and the national bank of Afghanistan known as “Da Afghanistan Bank”. Updated (20150128)
Following is the list of the new cabinet was introduced for confidence vote to the House of Representatives or Wolesi Jirga:
The Government of National Unity Monday Jan. 12, 2015 announced the nominees of cabinet ministers (updated).
The list including 25 ministers and governor of Central Bank along with Director General of the Afghan Intelligence – National Directorate of Security (NDS).
The nominees were announced by Abdul Salam Rahimi, the head of the office of administrative affairs in ARG Presidential Palace. The attorney general and supreme court chief justice positions remain vacant.
The nominees include:
1. Ghulam Jilani Popal as Finance Minister Minister (Ghani) stepped back dual citizenship and problems with MNA (Wolesi Jirga) (20150119) The new nominee for the position of finance minister is expected to be Eklil Ahmad Hakimi (20150119)
2. Ahmad Seyar Majhoor Ahmad Seyar Mahjor as Justice Minister (Abdullah)
3. Muhammad Gul Zalmay Yunusi Gul Zalmai Younusi Gul Zulmai Younosi as Education Minister (Abdullah)
4. Mrs. Najeeba Ayubi Najeeba Ayoubi Najiba Ayubi as Women’s Affairs Minister (Abdullah)
5. Dr Ghulam Abbas Basir Dr. Abbas Dr. Abbas Basir as Public Works Minister (Ghani)
6. Ferozuddin Feroz as Public Health Minister (Abdullah)
7. Yaqoob Haidari Yaqoub Haydari as Agriculture Minister (Ghani) dropped out interpol listed (20150119)
8. Daud Saba Dawood Sabah as Mines and Petroleum Minister (Ghani)
9. Barna Karimi as Telecommunication and Informatoin Technology Minister (Ghani)
10. Nasir Ahmad Durani Naseer Ahmad Durrani as Rural Rehabilitation and Development Minister (Abdullah)
11. Mrs. Khatera Afghan as Higher Education Minister (Ghani) under scrutiny because underaged. (20150119) Asila Wardak Jamal will be introduced as candidate-minister for MoHE instead of Khatera Afghan in case Khatera is rejected.(20150119)
12. Mahmood Saiqol Mahmud Saiqal as Water and Energy Minister (Abdullah) opted out of cabinet.(20150120) replaced by Abdul Rahman Salahi
13. Sadat Mansoor Naderi Sadaat Naderi as Labor and Social Affairs Minister (Ghani)
14. Syed Hussain Alemi Balkhi Sayyed Hussain Alimi Balkhi Sayed Hussain Alemi Balkhi as Refugees Minister (Abdullah)
15. Faiz Mohammad Osmani Faiz Mohammad Usmani as Hajj and Religious Affairs Minister (Ghani)
16. Faizullah Kakar as Counter-Narcotics Minister (Ghani)
17. Mrs. Sultan Khairi Aie Sultan Khairi Aya-Sultan Khairi as Minister of Information and Culture (Ghani)
18. Qamaruddin Shenwari Qamar-uddin Shinwari as Borders and Tribal Affairs Minister (Ghani)
19. Sardar Mohammad Rahman Oghlo Sardar Mohammad Rahman Oghli Sardar Muhammad Rahmanughli as Economy Minister (Abdullah)
20. Sardar Mohammad Rahimi as Trade and Commerce Minister (Abdullah)
21. Rahmatullah Nabeel Rahmatullah Nabil as Intelligence chief (Ghani/Abdullah)
22. Khalilullah Sediq Khalil Seddiq as Afghanistan Bank governor (Ghani)
23. Faizullah Zaki as Transport Minister (Ghani)
24. Shah Zaman Maiwandi Shah Zaman Maywondi as Urban Development Minister (Ghani)
25. Sher Mohammad Karimi Shir Mohammad Karimi as Defense Minister (Ghani)
26. Noor-ur-Haq Ulomi Noor-ul-Haq Ulumi as Minister of Interior (Abdullah)
27. Salahuddin Rabbani as Foreign Affairs Minister (Abdullah)
The government of National Unity was formed nearly three and half months ago. President Ghani and chief executive officer Dr. Abdullah Abdullah were sworn in on Monday 29th September 2014 after the two leaders reached to an agreement following months of controversies due to the election which was marred by massive fraud.
President Ghani had promised to announce the cabinet within 45 days after taking the office as the new president of the country. However, the announcement was delayed on numerous occassions amid reports suggesting that the two leaders are at odds on nominees for respective ministries.