|History and Biodata
National Center for Policy Research (NCPR) Steering Committee:
Eng. Gholam Hassanzadah President of Siemens Afghanistan Cell: 070279121 Email: hassanzadah@ yahoo.com
Mr. Hewadmal Cultural Consultant to Afghan President Cell: 0700277770
Dr. Hamedullah Amin Chancellor of Kabul University Cell: 07076095827 Email: email@example.com
Dr. Babak Khalatbari Country Director to Afghanistan and Pakistan (KAS) Cell: 0799327241 Email: kas.kabul@ ceretechs.com
Prof. Dr. Qasim Jamdar Senior Advisor to the Ministry of Education Kabul Afghanistan Cell: 0799371367 Email: Dr.Jamder@gmx.de
Dr. Spanta The Foreign Minister of Afghanistan
The National Centre for Policy Research (NCPR) was established by the German Konrad Adenauer Foundation of Germany and MoHE on the campus of Kabul University in May 2003 to serve as a research and training facility in the fields of Law and Political Science, Economics, and Social Sciences. Bringing together Afghan expertise and international experience, the NCPR provides a forum for discussion of and research into policy-related subjects in these fields.
NCPR Structure: The NCPR is located in and affiliated to Kabul University. Even so, it enjoys a degree of autonomy to operate at the national level while remaining a part of the academic structure of the Kabul University. Towards this end, the NCPR has got a Steering Committee of which the Chancellor of Kabul University is an ex-officio Chairperson. The Steering Committee shall oversee the administrative and financial management of the NCPR. Precise details of the composition of the Steering Committee are worked out in close consultation with the authorities of the University. As a broad principle, it is suggested that the membership of the Steering Committee is drawn from the following sources:
1. Faculty members from relevant disciplines within the University (Law, Economics and Social Sciences).
2. The Representative and one nominee of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation.
3. Representatives drawn from other universities in Afghanistan.
4. Certain number of Senior Fellows/ Visiting Scholars / Afghan Scholars in Residence or associated with the NCPR. Additionally, wherever possible, care should be taken to ensure representation on the Steering Committee of adequate number of women and cross-section of disciplines involved in the work of the NCPR.
NCPR has four Departments:
1. Department of Law and Political Sciences
2. Department of Economics
3. Department of Social Sciences
4. Department of Peace Studies