|History and Biodata
2. Previous Functions of Mohammad Musa Marofi Marufi Maroofi:
- Assistant Dean of the Faculty of Law and Political Science, Kabul, 1973-76
- Consultant in legal, political and broadcasting affairs, 1980-96
- President, Law and Citizenship Corporation, USA, 1996
- Member of the Afghan Drafting and Reviewing Constitutional Commissions, 2002-2004
- President of the Independent Commission of Afghan National Radio and TV, 2005-2007
- President of UNESCO ad hoc Independent High Commission of Communication and Information for Afghanistan, 2006-present.
- Legal Advisor and Member of the High Council of the Independent National Commission for Peace Strengthening and Reconciliation, 2005-2007.
- Ambassador to Italy (20080317-20121119
Prof. Mohammad Musa Maroofi, a native of the rural district of Maroof, Kandahar Province, was born in Kabul in 1943, but grew up and attended school in Kandahar. A graduate of Kabul University (1965), Oxford University (1968), City University of New York (1971) and George Washington University (1978), he has taught Political Science and Law in Afghan and American universities. He has also lectured at the Institute of Diplomacy in Afghanistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well as the UNDP training programs for the Afghan Parliamentarians, the Association of Afghan Journalists in the Ministry of Culture and a course for the Afghan Military.
He left Afghanistan in the winter of 1978 as a protest against a brutal coup and returned to Afghanistan from the United States of America after twenty-three years in order to join a Presidential Commission for the drafting of a democratic Constitution for Afghanistan.
He is married and has one daughter.
Prof. Maroofi speaks Pashtu, Dari, English, Arabic and French.