Afghan Nasreddin tells how to ride the dead horse
|Subject||Afghan Nasreddin tells how to ride the dead horse|
A northern American Dakota tribal wisdom says that when you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount
Let's assume the Karzai Administration and “his” Afghanistan is a Dead Horse. Nasreddin tells ten ways to ride it:
1. Buying a stronger whip – Forget Counterinsurgency Strategy, Hearts and Minds but practice Counterterrorism Night Raids.
2. Changing riders – not yet an option – Karzai will stay until he will be killed or is seeking political asylum in the US to sell Afghan Food (perhaps Mantu and Kachlo Burani) in the Baltimore Helmand Restaurant.
3. Appointing a committee to study the horse – and proclaiming, “This is the only way to ride this horse.” – That’s exactly what NATO and the US are doing.
4. Continue with training session with ANA and ANP to improve riding ability.
5. Determining that NATO and US riders who don’t stay on dead horses are lazy, lack drive, and have no ambition - then replacing them by riders from Pakistan, Iran, Russia, China, India and the Taliban.
6. · ···Lowering the standards and expectations so that dead horses can be included.
7. Reclassifying the horse as “living-impaired.”
8. · ···Hiring an outside consultant to advise on how to better ride the dead horse.
9.· ··· Providing additional funding and/or training to increase the dead horse’s performance.
10. · ··Name the dead horse, “paradigm shift” and keep riding it.